Monday, April 6, 2009

It's a start

I've tried Facebook, Sparkpeople, and Classmates. Right now I've been Facebooking and I just don't have anything exciting to share. Some of my "friends" have been traveling to tropical beaches, having beautiful babies, partaking in fun hobbies or working on their books! What can I add to that? Let's see, yesterday I was so hungover from the wine tasting I went to on Saturday night that spent the first really gorgeous day of the year inside under a blanket watching a Giada marathon on the Food network. The only productive thing I did yesterday was to brush my teeth and get dressed after a lunch of reheated tuna-noodle casserole. Seriously, nobody wants to read about that on Facebooks.


So I'd like a place to come and write about stuff that's happening in my world and I'll try not to fixate on the fact that I just turned 50 and now have peach fuzz developing on my face. I'll try not to fixate on that, but it's freaking me out so it's bound to get discussed a bit from time to time...or that my weight is once again the bain of my existance, or that I have this weird rash thingy on the back of my hands and three quarters up my arm, and I swear all the weird and freaky things are the result of me turning 50! So since the world doesn't need another Fear after Fifty, Fat after Fifty, Fuzzy after Fifty blog...I will attempt to keep that to a minimum. But I can't promise anything, since I am all of the above. Maybe a better name would have been Freakin out after Fifty!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's this hair remover that is sandpaper on a pad, and you just swirl it around on your hairy spots, and they disappear. Other than that, STEP AWAY FROM THE CAKE. And welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete